We are knocking out one public service at a time to break free of the big tech giants.
This is a Website analytic tool that lets you see how well your website or JoshWho TV Channel is performing with your members, customers, following etc… Go here to Login: https://analytics.joshwho.net/
This will give you the features you need to understand how well your digital properties are performing without the tech giants trying to steal your information to use against you or in competition business wise.
Make sure when you are signing up to include your domains you want in the analytics and also your JoshWho TV channel url if you have one. Just open a support ticket and select JoshWho Analytics and then fill in the blanks and don’t forget the domains or channel or all the above LOL
You can easily add the Site ID you get from your Code we send to your JoshWho TV Account here: https://www.joshwhotv.com/user
Built using open source project Open Web Analytics
JoshWho TV is now Roku ready and makes it easy to add your channel to Roku (Does Not Work with Embeded Videos)
- First thing is you need to start off by creating an account with Roku. If you already have a Roku unit, then you probably already have an account. Sign in.
- Create a Roku Developer account it is free here: https://developer.roku.com/publish
- Once Logged in to the Developer Dashboard click Channels then click add
- Select Direct Publisher
- click Add and select Direct Publisher
- Setup your Channel Information
- Select your Country and regions u want to be listed in
7. Add your JoshWho TV Channel’s Roku URL
It is just your channel url and add /roku.json to the end of the url
8. Sync check your feed status by clicking refresh. If you see any errors either delete the videos it is saying or reupload it and do a video swap then click refresh again and check back in 5 minutes. All video urls have to be valid or it won’t let u publish.
9. Upload Your Channel Art. All image fields are required for this to be published.
10. You are ready to Schedule your Publish for your channel
This is free to do and another great way to get your content out to more people in the world and you can even monetize it on Roku.
There is a bug with the uploader not completing with large uploads
Update: YT Importing is broken and will be looking for a alt method.
All you do is just paste your Youtube Channel URL into the video importer and it will grab all your videos.
DO NOT ABUSE THIS only use on your channel.
Also remember when you upload your channel sends out email notifications so if you all ready have subscribers please make a new channel just so you are not annoying your fans with emails.
Not really a shock but super weird now all of a sudden. This only effects importing videos from your youtube channel. We do not know if this is a permanent thing, but for right now we advise don’t even bother trying to grab a video from your youtube channel it will most likely fail and won’t be playable on your channel.
You can still manually upload the videos or import from other websites, it is just Youtube that is erroring at the moment.
We are looking into this and will report back as soon as we figure something out.